We all hope to keep our natural teeth for life. Unfortunately, that is not possible in every situation. Six percent of Canadian adults over the age of 20 suffer from complete edentulism (loss of all natural teeth). The number increases to 22 percent in those over the age of 60. Many more people are missing some, but not all, of their teeth. Dr. France Chevalier offers the services of a denturist in her office. Several types of dentures are available
, to restore your ability to chew, and your beautiful smile.
Removable full dentures are the most common solution for replacing all of the teeth in an arch. They are metal-free
, made of a biocompatible resin material. Dentures are designed to fit snugly, creating a suction that holds them in place. They are custom-made, from an impression of your mouth.
Uppers cover the roof of your mouth and wrap around your gums. Providing they fit correctly, they usually stay in place well. Lower dentures are shaped similar to a horseshoe, only covering your gums. This makes it more difficult to form suction, and many people choose to use a denture adhesive for added stability.
Dr. Chevalier also offers implant retained dentures
for patients who desire greater stability. The denture is made from the same beautiful, economical material that is used for the removable style. However, it is fitted with special housings that snap over dental implants. This option eliminates the need for adhesives, as well as the risk of slipping or wobbling teeth.
If you are missing several teeth, you may be a candidate for removable partial dentures. They consist of replacement teeth in a gum colored base, very similar to full dentures. However, a partial fits around your existing teeth, so no extractions are necessary. They attach to your existing teeth for stability.
Partials may be used as an economical temporary measure, while you are deciding on a permanent solution or waiting for dental implants to heal. Many people find their partials to be quite comfortable, and choose to wear them as a permanent restoration. Alternatives to partial dentures include fixed bridges (bonded to adjacent teeth) and implant supported crowns or bridges.
Dr. Chevalier understands that each patient has unique needs and preferences, which is why she offers many potential solutions. After an oral examination
she will explain all of your options, and help you choose the best one for your health, appearance, and budget.
You don’t have to live without teeth, or with ill-fitting restorations. Help is just a phone call away. Contact our office at +1 (613) 233-1118
to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chevalier today.
- Dentist Who Provides Dentures In Ottawa - Patients seek a dentist in Ottawa who provides various types of dentures
- False Teeth Ottawa ON - Patients enjoy restorations with teeth that do not look false at Ottawa, ON dental office
- Dentures Cost Ottawa - Patients in Ottawa learn about the overall cost of dentures
- Full Mouth Restoration Ottawa - Dentist in Ottawa explains treatment involved in full mouth restoration
- Removable Dentures Ottawa - Ottawa patients ask, are dentures removable?
- False Teeth Ottawa - Why Ottawa area patients may need false teeth
- Best Dentist in Gloucester, ON - Dentist in Gloucester describes full and partial dentures
- What is a Denture in Ottawa - Patients in Ottawa want to know, "What is a denture?"
- Types of Dentures Ottawa - What types of dentures are available through Dr. Chevalier in Ottawa, Canada?