Never underestimate the importance of your smile. Your oral health is infinitely interwoven with your overall physical health. Similarly, the appearance of your smile is crucial to your confidence and social interactions. Dr. Chevalier is dedicated to improving lives, one smile at a time. She wants every patient to enjoy radiant health, and the pride that comes with a beautiful smile.
Cosmetic dentistry is not distinctly different from restorative or general dentistry. Restorations such as crowns, fillings, or implants correct the health, functional, and esthetic aspects of the problem. Dr. Chevalier is known for her exceptional skills and attention to detail, performing every procedure with an artistic flair. She is always mindful of the importance of health and beauty in all work she does.
If your oral health is good, but you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, Dr. Chevalier offers a variety of smile enhancement options. Teeth whitening is a great way to rejuvenate your smile, with fast results. Bonding can be used to cover blemishes and make minor adjustments to the tooth using a biocompatible composite resin, applied directly to the tooth.
One of the most requested cosmetic procedures are porcelain veneers. This is a fast, conservative way to correct virtually any esthetic flaw. A veneer is a very thin shell, made of porcelain, which completely covers the visible part of a tooth. It is only about as thick as a fingernail, but it can affectively cover permanent stains, chips, minor fractures, and other blemishes. Because the tooth is completely hidden, a veneer can visually change the size, shape, or in some cases, alignment. One, several, or all of your teeth can be treated with veneers.
The process usually takes about three weeks. The first step is a consultation with Dr. Chevalier. She will examine your teeth to ensure that you are a good candidate, and explain what can be achieved. Good communication is essential; don’t hesitate to ask questions, and discuss your hopes and expectations. If you and the doctor decide that porcelain veneers are right for you, the process is completed in just a few steps.
- Dr. Chevalier may recommend that you have your teeth cleaned and whitened first, so that the veneers will be color-matched to your brightest smile.
- The next step is preparation. A small amount of enamel may be removed from the tooth to accommodate the veneer’s thickness. The doctor will take an impression, which will be used to fabricate the veneer. You will also choose the color during this visit. If all of your visible teeth are being treated, you can choose any shade you like, from ultra-natural to ultra-bright. If some teeth are left untreated, the veneers will be colored to match, for a flawless and natural appearance.
- Your impressions, color selection, and veneer design are sent to a quality dental laboratory, where your new smile is created. When the veneers are returned from the lab, we will schedule your next appointment.
- Dr. Chevalier will temporarily bond the veneers to your teeth, giving you the opportunity to approve your new smile before it is permanent. She will also check the alignment and fit. If necessary, she will make alterations in-office, or return them to the lab, depending on the problem.
- When the comfort and appearance of your veneers are perfect, the doctor will permanently bond them to your teeth. With good oral hygiene and regular dental visits, your brand new smile will be dazzling for many years to come!
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile for any reason, call +1 (613) 233-1118 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Chevalier today.
- Dentist Near Me Ottawa - Patients near Ottawa ask the dentist, "Can you help me improve my smile?"
- Many Benefits of a Smile Ottawa - Dentist in Ottawa explains the many benefits of a healthy and beautiful smile
- Cosmetic Dentistry Cost and Reviews in Gloucester, ON - Dentist in Gloucester, ON reviews the cost and expectations of cosmetic dentistry
- Dentist Who Provides Cosmetic Dentistry Near Gloucester - Dentist who provides cosmetic dentistry near Gloucester
- K1P6K6 Cosmetic Dentist - K1P6K6 area cosmetic dentist describes cosmetic dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry Cost and Reviews in Ottawa - Dentist in Ottawa reviews the many cosmetic dentistry procedures and explains the cost of a beautiful smile!
- Dentist Which Provides Cosmetic Dental Treatments near Gloucester - Visiting a dentist who provides cosmetic dental treatments near Gloucester