Dental crowns and bridges are common restorations used in dentistry. Dr. France Chevalier of the Gloucester area uses them for repairing smiles when trauma or extractions have occurred. They both play an important role in cosmetic and restorative dentistry because of the many benefits they provide.
Dental crowns are porcelain "caps" fabricated to match the existing teeth and ensure a beautiful smile is achieved. They are typically used to cover teeth that have been broken or weakened, or to restore a dental implant as a false tooth. These crowns are fabricated with specific instructions from the dentist to the ceramist who creates the restoration in an outside laboratory. Dental crowns have many benefits. They are:
- Beautiful and natural-looking
Bridges function differently from crowns. Two crowns are used to fabricate a dental bridge after being fused to a pontic (false tooth). Dental bridges replace teeth that are missing from extraction, trauma, or disease. They are permanently bonded over the adjacent teeth for support to ensure patients are able to restore the function and beauty of their smiles. Some benefits of dental bridges include:
- Restoring the smile's appearance and function after tooth loss
- Affordability with reduced out-of-pocket expenses with dental insurance
- Natural appearance
- A fixed restoration
Both dental crowns and bridges are fabricated from porcelain, which blends in aesthetically with the rest of the smile. These are often suggested over metal restorations, which are not as biocompatible with the smile and the body. Dr. France Chevalier can speak with patients about the differences between metal and porcelain restorations.
Dr. France Chevalier uses many dental crowns and bridges in her practice and encourages patients to learn about the ways they can improve and enhance the smile. Call her practice today to book a consultation appointment and evaluation to educate yourself on the advantages of crowns, bridges, and other restorations commonly used by patients who are ready to make a difference in the way their smile looks and functions.
Back to Dental Crowns and Bridges Home Page
- Dental Bridge in Gloucester - Patients in Gloucester ask, “What are the benefits of a dental bridge?”
- Dental Crown Procedures Ontario - Patients in Ontario ask local dentist about dental crown procedures
- Cost of Dental Crowns Ottawa - What is the cost of dental crowns in Ottawa?
- Benefits of Dental Crowns and Bridges Gloucester - What are the benefits of dental crowns and bridges for Gloucester area patients?
- Best Dentist in Ottawa - Can dentists in Ottawa restore smiles with dental crowns and bridges?
- Dental Crowns Ottawa - Why are dental crowns the best for restoring Ottawa patients' smiles?
- Dental Bridges Ottawa - What are dental bridges and how can they help Ottawa patients?