When patients are struggling with imperfections in their smile caused by breakage and lost teeth, they will want to speak to best dentist in the Ottawa area about the restorative solutions available to them. Dr. France Chevalier is a quality dentist in the community who can help in restoring smiles with dental crowns and bridges, two very common services available in dentistry today.
Crowns are porcelain pieces made to match the existing teeth and cover up a tooth in need of repair. This may be a tooth that is permanently stained, broken, or one that has been weakened due to root canal therapy (also known as endodontic therapy). These restorations are bonded over the natural tooth structure after enamel has been removed in preparation. Dental crowns look beautiful as they are made of ceramic that closely resembles natural tooth enamel.
Bridges are solutions for missing teeth. When there is a space from an adult tooth that has been lost or extracted, patients need to consider replacing this tooth for several reasons. The existing teeth may shift out of place, resulting in much more damage that can only be resolved with orthodontics, and patients may also notice reduced chewing and biting efficiency. Missing teeth can also aesthetically affect the smile. Dental bridges are made of porcelain and are meant to bond over the teeth surrounding the space to hold the false tooth in place. Bridges are a fast yet effective method of replacing teeth without the need for a removable apparatus such as a partial denture, while still being a more economical solution over dental implants.
Both dental crowns and bridges are commonly used in general and cosmetic dentistry and play an important role in repairing and protecting the smile. Many patients find that these restorations are very affordable and many dental insurance plans will cover some or most of the cost of their placement.
Dr. France Chevalier of the Ottawa area is a dentist who can help individuals in repairing their smile with dental crowns and bridges. Contact her practice today to book a consultation visit and an examination to learn more about restorative solutions available through their practice.
Back to Dental Crowns and Bridges Home Page
- Dental Bridge in Gloucester - Patients in Gloucester ask, “What are the benefits of a dental bridge?”
- Dental Crown Procedures Ontario - Patients in Ontario ask local dentist about dental crown procedures
- Cost of Dental Crowns Ottawa - What is the cost of dental crowns in Ottawa?
- Benefits of Dental Crowns and Bridges Gloucester - What are the benefits of dental crowns and bridges for Gloucester area patients?
- Best Dentist in Ottawa - Can dentists in Ottawa restore smiles with dental crowns and bridges?
- Dental Crowns Ottawa - Why are dental crowns the best for restoring Ottawa patients' smiles?
- Dental Bridges Ottawa - What are dental bridges and how can they help Ottawa patients?