Dental crowns are a convenient way for patients to improve and protect their natural teeth. These restorations are made to blend with a patient’s smile, cover imperfections, and provide strength and beauty to weakened or structurally affected teeth. Crowns may also be used to restore a dental implant, which is surgically implanted to replace a missing tooth. They are made of porcelain, match the color and shape of the patient’s existing teeth, and are bonded over the top with strong dental adhesives.
- A patient may benefit from a dental crown in several situations.
- Replacing missing teeth with dental implants.
- Restoring a tooth that has had a large filling placed.
- Covering a tooth that has a chip or crack.
- Protecting a tooth after root canal therapy.
- Disguising imperfections on a tooth, including permanent staining and discoloration.
Dental crowns are used regularly in both general and cosmetic dentistry. The best Dental crowns offer Ottawa area patients a number of benefits, and play an important role in improving smiles. At Dr. France Chevalier Dental Center, dental crowns are a type of restorations that last several years when patients properly maintain them. This includes good oral health habits such as brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist regularly for examinations and professional cleanings. Tooth decay can occur underneath a crown, so it is essential that good dental habits be maintained to protect natural teeth from damage.
Dr. France Chevalier is proud to offer restorations such as dental crowns, bridges, and veneers. She knows the importance of a beautiful smile.
If you have been considering improving imperfect teeth in your smile, call Dr. France Chevalier in Ottawa today to learn more about crowns and other restorations to rejuvenate your smile today! She can provide your family with holistic dental care to keep your smile healthy and beautiful for life! Her practice focuses on mercury free dentistry and holistic health care.
Back to Dental Crowns and Bridges Home Page
- Dental Bridge in Gloucester - Patients in Gloucester ask, “What are the benefits of a dental bridge?”
- Dental Crown Procedures Ontario - Patients in Ontario ask local dentist about dental crown procedures
- Cost of Dental Crowns Ottawa - What is the cost of dental crowns in Ottawa?
- Benefits of Dental Crowns and Bridges Gloucester - What are the benefits of dental crowns and bridges for Gloucester area patients?
- Best Dentist in Ottawa - Can dentists in Ottawa restore smiles with dental crowns and bridges?
- Dental Crowns Ottawa - Why are dental crowns the best for restoring Ottawa patients' smiles?
- Dental Bridges Ottawa - What are dental bridges and how can they help Ottawa patients?