A blow to the face can result in a broken or cracked tooth. Before an emergency strikes, it is important to have the number of a caring dentist in Ottawa – Dr. France Chevalier. Not only is she a dentist who treats a cracked tooth, but she will promptly respond when an emergency arises. Her number is +1 (613) 233-1118 and the office address is 234 Laurier Avenue West. Write this information down and keep it with you at all times. Dr. Chevalier will explain how to respond if you crack a tooth or experience another dental emergency.
Caring for a cracked or broken tooth
If you have pain after cracking a tooth, avoid chewing on that side of your mouth. Depending on the extent of damage, Dr. Chevalier may repair the tooth by placing a composite resin material on it. She may consider a porcelain dental crown to protect the tooth from further damage. When the tooth is severely cracked, she may recommend root canal treatment or lastly, extraction.
Treating other dental emergencies
Dr. Chevalier is an advocate of patient education. There are several common dental emergencies such as:
- You lose a dental filling. Until you can see Dr. Chevalier, stick a piece of sugarless gum or an over the counter dental cement into the cavity. Avoid gum with sugar because it can cause pain.
- Your dental crown falls off. If the tooth is painful, apply clove oil to a cotton swab and apply it to the affected area. Then, apply an orthodontic wax or denture adhesive onto the inner surface of the crown and, if possible, slip it onto the tooth.
- You injure your lips, cheeks, or mouth. If you suffer a blow to the face, you can injure more than your teeth. If you bleed, rinse your mouth with mild salt water. Moisten gauze and apply it to the affected area for about 15 to 20 minutes. To relieve pain, hold an ice pack on the outside of the mouth for about 5 to 10 minutes.
It is highly likely an emergency will occur when you least expect it. Rest assured when you arrive at the office of Dr. Chevalier you are in gentle and caring hands.
Back to Emergency Dentistry Home Page
- Dentist Near Me Gloucester - Gloucester residents ask, “Is there a dentist near me who responds to dental emergencies?”
- Ottawa Emergency Dentist Who Treats Cracked Tooth - Patients in Ottawa ask, “Is there an emergency dentist who treats a cracked tooth?
- K1P6K6 Emergency Dentist - Dentist in the K1P6K6 area explains common dental emergencies
- Emergency Dentist Gloucester, ON - Why might Gloucester, ON area residents need an emergency dentist?
- K1P6K6 Dentist - Dentist in the K1P6K6 area explains common dental emergencies
- Emergency Dentist in Ottawa - Why might a patient need to see an emergency dentist in Ottawa?