Invisalign is the modern, beautiful, and healthy way to straighten teeth. With this revolutionary orthodontic system, tooth movement can be accomplished without metal! Dr. France Chevalier is proud to offer her patients this state-of-the-art treatment.
You are likely familiar with traditional braces. They utilize metal brackets, bonded to the teeth, and a wire connecting the brackets. Invisalign is an entirely different concept
. This technique straightens teeth with a series of removable, transparent, plastic aligners. They fit snugly over your teeth, in a manner similar to an orthodontic retainer.
The entire course of treatment is planned digitally
, using exclusive ClinCheck software. Each aligner moves your teeth a little bit closer to optimal position, which takes two weeks. When you are finished with an aligner, you simply dispose of it and begin wearing the next one in the series.
Invisalign is well-known as the discreet alternative
to braces. The aligners are clear and very thin, so most people never notice them. They can even be removed completely for photographs or for very special occasions. However, that is only one of the many benefits to Invisalign orthodontics.
- The aligners contain no metal. They are made of biocompatible, BPA-free, transparent plastic resin.
- Traditional braces increase your risk of tooth decay, and even gum disease during treatment, because it is difficult to remove all plaque around the brackets. With removable aligners, you can brush and floss easily, and efficiently.
- There are no dietary restrictions, because aligners are removed during meals.
- Straighten your teeth at your convenience. Enjoy hassle-free oral hygiene, and less frequent dental appointments than traditional braces require.
- Crooked or crowded teeth create tight spaces that can trap harmful bacteria, plaque, and tartar. Properly aligned teeth are easier to clean, improving oral and overall health.
What to expect
The process begins with an evaluation to ensure that Invisalign is right for you. Dr. Chevalier will perform an examination, and take records such as impressions and low radiation, digital x-rays. If you are a potential candidate for Invisalign, the records are sent to the Align Tech laboratory, where they are converted to a 3D digital image. This image is used to plan out your treatment, in precise increments.
The software shows the alignment of your teeth at every stage, including the end result. Dr. Chevalier can adjust the treatment plan as needed. When you and the doctor are satisfied with the projected result, your aligners are ordered from Invisalign.
You will find the treatment process simple and comfortable. You can eat what you want, do what you want, and smile with confidence. Your aligner should be removed while you are eating. When finished, simply brush your teeth, clean the aligner, and pop it back in place. You can also remove it during very special occasions; however, Invisalign needs to be worn a minimum of 22-23 hours per day. Dr. Chevalier will need to see you every six weeks, so she can monitor your progress. The exact length of treatment varies, but it is usually comparable to metal braces.
If you are looking for a metal-free way
to correct your crooked teeth, call +1 (613) 233-1118
and schedule an appointment with Dr. Chevalier today.