Invisalign treatment is a perfect fit with Dr. Chevalier's foundation on next-generation technologies and holistic and biological approaches. Patients appreciate that they can see how their teeth will look post-treatment. Thanks to 3-D modeling and software associated with this technology, Dr. Chevalier and her team show you how your teeth will look through every step of treatment.
This digital model also guides the creation of each aligner. Made from smooth, BPA-free plastic, this dental appliance can be removed during meals and for cleaning. It is recommended you wear the trays for 20-22 hours each day.
After the plan: What to expect
Every two weeks you will wear a new aligner, which corresponds with the treatment plan. These aligners use the same fundamental principles as conventional metal braces. They place controlled, continuous pressure on the teeth to incrementally move them into proper alignment.
Unlike conventional metal wires and brackets, these aligners are made from clear plastic resin so no one can see this dental appliance in your mouth. Trays are also designed to comfortably fit against delicate tissues. They don't rub against the cheeks and gums, which is a common complaint associated with conventional braces.
Digital dental treatment solutions maker, Align Technology, reports the average patient will wear 24 sets of aligners over the course of a year. Conventional metal braces are fixed and can't be removed. While traditional treatment time is comparable to Invisalign, some metal braces-wearers require two or more years of treatment.
With time, Invisalign technology has evolved to treat many different types of patients. In addition to the standard Invisalign Full option, its Teen counterpart boasts additional features designed to meet the unique needs of younger patients. Wear indicators help busy teens ensure the trays are not removed for longer than around two hours each day, and free replacement aligners are included should a set be damaged.
Less complex cases may benefit from the likes of Invisalign Lite. Dr. Chevalier can discuss if Invisalign treatment in Ottawa is right for you during a consultation. If this option is determined to be a good fit, she will also discuss what to expect following treatment. Retainers may be recommended to help maintain your beautifully improved, straighter smile. Call +1 (613) 233-1118 to schedule an appointment.
Back to Invisalign Home Page
- Invisible Braces Cost and Reviews in Gloucester - Dentist in Gloucester reviews the cost and expectations of invisible braces
- Dentist Who Provides Invisalign Near Ottawa - Is there a dentist near Ottawa who provides Invisalign?
- K1P6K6 Invisible Braces - Which patients in the K1P6K6 zip code are most appropriate for invisible braces?
- Invisible Braces Cost and Reviews in Ottawa - Dentist in Ottawa discusses the cost of invisible braces and reviews the patients best suited for treatment
- Invisalign Treatment Gloucester, ON - Gloucester, ON patients ask about the benefits of Invisalign treatment
- Dentist Who Provides Invisible Braces Near Ottawa - Patients near Ottawa can speak with an Invisalign dentist who provides invisible braces
- Clear Braces Ottawa - Why Ottawa area patients may consider clear braces
- Invisible Braces Gloucester, ON - Invisible braces for better smiles in Gloucester, ON
- Invisible Braces, Gloucester - Invisible braces for adults in Gloucester
- Benefits of Invisalign Ottawa - What are the benefits of Invisalign orthodontics over traditional braces in Ottawa?
- Invisalign Braces Ottawa - Ottawa dentist explains the benefits of Invisalign braces