Posted by Dr. France Chevalier
Dr. France Chevalier and her team of professionals provide a variety of dental health services in their state-of-the-art practice. This includes treatment for misalignment of the teeth. Orthodontics may involve metal brackets and wires. Thanks to advances in orthodontia, patients can avoid using these unsightly appliances to achieve the results they want. A more discreet alternative is available for patients in the Ottawa, ON area called Invisalign.
Dr. France Chevalier describes Invisalign orthodontics as an effective way of treating misalignment without the need for metal brackets and wires. Instead, patients can achieve the same results with aligner tray therapy. Aligner tray therapy uses specialized clear plastic trays that are fabricated with digitized impressions of the smile and move the teeth when worn day and night. The results are the same, but the smile can shine through. This is because the plastic trays are practically invisible when patients wear them. This discreet treatment is in high demand, as it offers the same results as braces, but without the appearance of metal over the smile. This improves self-confidence throughout treatment for our patients.
Who is a candidate for Invisalign?
The best candidates for Invisalign orthodontics are patients with mild to moderate misalignment. Patients with severe misalignment or malocclusion may still be require traditional braces. However, many of our patients qualify for Invisalign orthodontics, making it a wonderful solution for both teenagers and adults.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Dr. France Chevalier encourages patients to consider Invisalign because of the many advantages it provides.
Back to Invisalign Page
- Invisalign is fast. Results from Invisalign treatment can be obtained typically within one year from the start date with proper compliance.
- Invisalign is effective. Patients love the ability to achieve the smile of their dreams without the need for brackets and wires over the teeth.
- Invisalign is comfortable. Because Invisalign aligner trays are made of plastic, they are smooth and comfortable to wear.
- Invisalign is affordable. The cost of Invisalign is often comparable to traditional orthodontia.
- Invisalign is better for your oral health. Because Invisalign trays can be removed to care for the smile, patients using Invisalign can still brush and floss their teeth as they normally do.
- Invisalign is discreet. The primary benefit of Invisalign is the ability to straighten the teeth without it being obvious that work is being performed.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is a process that requires patient compliance to complete. It starts with an evaluation appointment during which Dr. France Chevalier determines if patients are appropriate candidates. The best candidates are patients with mild to moderate misalignment. Once patients have decided that Invisalign is right for them, they then go through a series of digitized impressions which are sent to the Invisalign lab to create a series of trays. These trays are worn for two weeks each over the teeth for at least 20 hours a day. The patient progresses through the series of trays over time to slowly reposition the teeth into their proper alignment. Patients may follow up with their dentist throughout treatment to ensure their smile is progressing properly. At the end of treatment, patients may continue to use their final tray as a retainer or have one made to wear at night to maintain the results. The entire process is relatively short when compared to more traditional means of treating misalignment. In fact, many patients enjoy Invisalign for a year or less.
Who provides Invisalign?
When patients need orthodontics, they are often referred to a specialist. However, Invisalign can be provided by an approved dentist, allowing patients to continue to see the dentist they already know and trust with their smiles.
Schedule a visit with Dr. France Chevalier today
Learn about the advantages of Invisalign treatment as an alternative to traditional braces. Call Ottawa, ON dentist for an appointment at +1 (613) 233-1118 and visit the office conveniently located at 234 Laurier Avenue West.